Brandlive, a top-tier Brand and Retailer platform for producing and hosting interactive live video events, is looking for local production partners in the Bay Area to create live video, audio and streaming content. The ideal person for this role is either a freelancer or a small production company. You will need to be mobile and have a wide variety of production skills - video, sound, lighting and technical production.
If you have experience with producing live video content, you are likely to be a good fit. Check out a few archived Brandlive events to get a sense for the content. A typical production has 1-3 cameras with 2-4 presenters. Typically there is not a live audience, so audio and video can be relatively self contained. https://www.yourbrandlive.com/gallery
Great Brandlive producers also have an understanding of brand and retail product training, marketing and e-commerce. Each Brandlive event has real-time interaction with the live viewers watching the event.
- Camera - Multiple years’ experience setting up shots, framing and camera settings.
- Audio - Strong experience setting up lapel mics with a basic 4 channel soundboard. Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot audio and fine-tune mic settings for high quality audio, the most important things for our viewers.
- Lighting - Understanding of color temps and comfort working with lots of natural light sources. Most Brandlive events don’t have significant lighting.
- Strong computer technical skills - MacBook Pro or Mac Pro running Wirecast, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro. You will be taking live video and audio feeds, mixing them and cutting them together to produce a live show. Typical run of show has 1-3 cameras, slides and a few recorded videos.
- Brandlive Platform - Quickly learn to use and explain the moderation features of the Brandlive platform to customers on set.
- Strong technical direction - Running a live video event can throw a lot of curve balls at you. Even if you plan ahead, we often take camera, audio or internet from the customer location. You will need to work with IT and tech teams on the customer side to make sure everything is well planned out.
- Editing - Little editing is required, but it is a good skill set to have.
- Culture matters. You must be personable, patient and solution oriented. You will be working with customers and on-screen product presenters that are not “talent”, so you need to make them feel comfortable.
How are you connected to Brandlive?
- Most of our partners are paid day or hourly rates, plus rental costs for equipment as needed.